Walgreens Money Savings Deals at TKC include deals on DiGiorno, Dove, Colgate and Crest with plenty of balance reward points and register rewards! You can get 2 packs of Huggies as low as 49¢ for both packs with my deals!
I am including three basic deal ideas for anyone new to couponing who wants to see how I personally shop and save money. These are not complicated or crazy to do so anyone can learn to save a little money by using coupons and my spreadsheets.
I do realize we ALL love a great freebie but those deals don’t come along everyday or every week. These are typical shopping trip deals I would make when purchasing items I need for my own family.
Three deals with loads of savings!! I’ve included my shopping spreadsheets to make it easy for you!!
Deal Idea #1:
- Buy (1) 12oz bag Gevalia Coffee or 12 pk K-cup packs $5.99 with card
- Buy (2) DiGiorno Pizzas 2/$10 with card
- Buy (3) Kellogg’s Cereals, Select cereals 8.7 – 13.7oz, $1.99 with card
- Buy (3) Pop-tarts, 8-pk, $1.99 with card
- Buy (2) Playtex Sport Tampons, assorted sizes & varieties, $6.99 with card 2000 balance pts wyb 2
- Buy (3) Crest Sensi Dental Care, assorted products, 3/$10 with card $4 Register Rewards wyb 3
- Buy (2) Tresemme Haircare, assorted varieties, $3.99 with card 1000 balance pts wyb 2
- Use (1) $1 off any Gevalia product coupon (sort by Food category to find it faster)
- Use (2) $1 off any one DiGiorno pizzeria! coupons SS 5/17
- or Use (2) $1.05 on ONE New DIGIORNO® pizzeria!™ thin pizza or DIGIORNO® pizzeria!™ pizza (sort by Food category to find it faster)
- Use (2) 75¢ on any (1) Kellogg’s Raisin Bran 13.5oz, any flavor (target.com)
- Use (1) 50¢ on any (1) Kellogg’s Fruit Loops 8.7oz or larger (target.com)
- Use (1) $1/3 Kellogg’s Pop-Tarts Toaster Pastries, 6-ct or larger, mix & match
- Use (1) BOGO Playtex Sports Pads, Liners or Combo Packs, excludes 20-ct liners, up to $7.99
- Or Use (2) $3 off Playtex Sports Pads, Liners of Combo Packs, Excludes 16-ct & 18-ct pads & 20-ct liners) SS 5/17
- Use (2) $2 off (1) Tresemme Wash & Care Product (ETS) RP 5/17
- or Use (2) $2 off (1) Tresemme Styling Product (ETS & 4.2oz hairspray) RP 5/17
- Pay: $41.13
- Receive 3000 balance rewards points to your card = $3
- Receive $4 register rewards coupons to use on future visit
Deal Idea #2:
- Buy (2) Colgate Dental Care 2/$6 with card $3 Register Reward wyb 2
- Buy (1) Colgate Total 1 liter Mouthwash $5.99 with card 1000 Balance Reward pts on next purchase
- Buy (2) Aleve 130-ct caplets or tablets, includes 30-free, $9.99 with card 3000 Balance Reward pts wyb 2
- Buy (4) Dove assorted haircare, 2/$7 with card 3000 Balance Reward pts wyb $15 or more
- Buy (2) Dove Select antiperspirant/deodorant or bar soap-pk, 2/$5 with card 3000 Balance Reward pts wyb $15 or more
- Use (2) $1 off any Colgate 3.0oz or larger toothpaste and/or various toothbrushes, assorted varieties
- or Use (2) 50¢ off any Colgate toothpaste 3.0oz or larger SS 5/17
- Use (1) $2 off Colgate Mouthwash or Mouth Rinse (160z or larger)
- Use (2) $3 off Aleve product 40-ct or larger (excludes Aleve-D)
- Use Walgreens May Savings Book for $2 off Aleve Pain Relief 120-270-ct coupon, pg. 24
- Use (2) $3/2 Dove Hair Products RP 5/17 (limit to (2) identical coupons in one transaction)
- Pay: $33.52
- Receive 7000 balance rewards points to your card = $7
- Receive $3 register rewards coupons to use on future visit
Deal Idea #3:
Now you can take ALL of the register rewards and use them in this last transaction to score some really cheap Huggies diapers! This is great for anyone who didn’t participate in all of the previous Huggies deals and you can really keep your final total low by using the register rewards (rolling rewards) and paying with your balance rewards points as well, depending on your available balance.
- Buy (2) Huggies diapers packs 18 to 38-ct, various sizes and assortments
- Use (2) $2 off Huggies Little Movers or Little Snugglers Coupon (found inside a pack of Huggies previously purchased)
- Or Use (2) $1.50 off Huggies Snug & Dry Diapers Coupon (found inside a pack of Huggies previously purchased)
- ***Those two diaper coupons don’t have size restrictions*** The Huggies coupons in the SS is 42-ct or higher so will not work for this deal
- Use (1) May Savings Book $3 off Huggies Diapers 18-100 ct. pk. (will auto deduct for both at the register)
- Use (1) $4 Register Reward coupon from Trans #1 Crest purchase
- Use (1) $3 Register Reward coupon from Trans #2 Colgate purchase
- ***Optional*** – Use 5000 balance reward points when prompted by the cashier to lower your out of pocket costs
- Pay just 49¢ for both packs of diapers!
$70.14 for 29 items, $2.42 per item, with a complete savings of 46%
A few things to know about couponing at Wags
Please keep in mind that couponing at Walgreens is tricky, to say the least. If you want to keep earning register rewards and balance rewards points then you CANNOT use them in a transaction to help pay down your OOP.
In other words, when you pay for Transaction #2 and you decide to use your register rewards and balance rewards points from the Crest, Playtex and Tresemme in Transaction #1 then you will NOT earn the register rewards and balance reward points that you should earn from the Dove and Colgate offers in Transaction #2.
Spend your rewards on items that don’t earn rewards or don’t have coupons
You always want to be sure and spend your register rewards and balance reward points on items that don’t earn points or rewards. I usually buy things like diapers, wipes, toilet paper, paper towels and soda when it’s on sale.
If you don’t have a need for diapers then I recommend using the register rewards and balance reward points to purchase the Dasani bottled water or Coca-Cola/Dr Pepper 12-packs on sale.
Make sure that the number of items in your transaction is equal to the number of coupons. If you use 3 coupons then you need to purchase 3 items in the transaction. If you need a “filler” item to use an additional coupon then I recommend finding lollipops that are priced at 15¢ – 25¢, pencils or some relatively small cost item that will help absorb the overage from the coupon. Walgreens won’t give you cashback so you will lose the remaining balance if you don’t use it.
Get friendly and familiar with your local Wags staff
I recommend getting to know your local Wags staff and let them know that you need help in learning how to coupon at Wags. Couponing is hard enough but couponing at Wags can be tricky. I have to ask my favorite manager, Ms. Stephanie for help EVERY-TIME-I-SHOP!!
Believe me when I tell you this – the staff would much rather help you get everything right and answer all of your questions BEFORE you go through checkout because returning and adjusting items at the register at Wags is a pain in the patootie for the poor manager doing the adjustments and voids.
Keep it real honey!!
I know these three deals aren’t BLOW-YOUR-MIND awesome BUT I want you to keep in mind that couponing is all about saving money and it’s not a realistic expectation to get everything for free all the time. I would say that I get super crazy good deals (savings of 85% or more) about 35% of the time. The rest of the time I am saving between 40-60% and I am really happy with my savings!
I hope you find the spreadsheet lists useful and if you need any help or have questions then please reach out to me. You can always send me an email at email@example.com. Happy Couponing and smile because of the money you are saving with these money saving deals!!
Subscribe to my newsletter and you’ll never miss another deal again!
This post contains affiliates links to various advertisers. I may/will receive compensation from purchases made through my links or clicks to the ads. The opinions and recommendations to these products are my own. To see my full disclosure policy click here.